Friday, October 08, 2010

An Earnest Plea

This is an earnest plea,
from a useful resource in a company.
My state of apathy needs some sympathy,
I want to live a life of dignity.

You use me up the entire day,
I always take it.
You spit on my face,
I always take it.

You make it so hard for me to breathe,
You clog up my life,
And fill my life with filth up to the brim,
So that filthy creatures can happily swim.

You can use me to wash your face,
Kindly take your Tiffin box to a different place,
You don’t like curry leaves and chillies sticking up your nose,
But you nastily push them on to me with all force.

Thank god no one gave you Sabeena or Vim,
For then I'd be perennially
filled with filth up to the brim,
Living a life which is dull and dim.

I'm no racist, but I don't like to be coloured,
It wasn't me who said give me red,
Don't spit PAAN and make me insane,
And finally tell,its me whose stained.


You get me overloaded and it hurts,
When my cleaner pokes me with sticks,
I cry loudly and my tears come in spurts,
Coz I'm called stinky and I'm cursed.

Without qualms, you use me,
Untiringly, be it night or day,
You clog me up and have the audacity to say,
I'm a basin who is 'blocked'.


-Courtsey (Union of Corporate Wash Basins)

2 comments:

Aravindh K said...

From a wash-basin's perspective? Wow! That requires some insight

Solomon said...

Cool!!! ...Couldnt figure what was it till the last line... :)