Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Beer Drinking Mataji

I didn't understand what his problem was. Was it me, or my parents? Ours is a open family. To us, consuming alcohol together is not considered blasphemy, or least bit scandalous.

"We cannot continue this anymore. I mean, I'm okay with you drinking, but I can't picture myself saying cheers to your mom. Thats scandalous. I can't accept living with the daughter of a beer drinking Mataji. I guess its better we part ways, our upbringing is different." those were his last words. After that I never met him.

Thirty Five years later history had repeated itself.

My daughter came home crying. She said the man she was seeing had parted ways with her.

"I can't believe that your mom drinks. I'm okay with you drinking, but I cannot say cheers to a beer drinking Mataji.", she told me that those were his last words.

Scams bend the rules for Babajis, but rules are never meant to bent for Matajis.

3 comments:

Sree said...

Awesome!! Loved it :)

Venki said...

The last line packs a punch. Awesome.

Siddhesh Kabe said...

aaila.... awesomeness....:D

hein remember me? ;)