Tuesday, February 21, 2006

THE AWAKENER

One hot Sunday afternoon,
When the heat wave was at its peak,
No one dared to step out and peek,
I was stuck all day in an A.C room.

I had nowhere to go and nothing to do,
MR. Boredom was chewing my head.
Watching TV was out of question as
There was no cable connection.

I was getting restless and
Had so much time to spare.
So I switched on my computer
To play a game of solitaire.

Curiosity drove me wild,
So I logged on to a chat room
And was realized that the
World wide web had so much to provide.

The room I logged into was called
“THE WORKSTATION”
Here I got into conversation
with a person called “THE AWAKENER”

Soon, myself and "The awakener”
Became good friends.
We had so much in common and
So many problems to share.


We shared the problems we had at work,
And I told him my boss was a complete jerk.
We tried to resolve the problems we had
And I started getting more perks.

Finally, we decided we’d meet
And I began wondering how
“The awakener” would be:
Tall or short, fat or thin, dark or fair?

When the grand day arrived
I went hunting for a gift.
Dressed in my best I went to
The place where we had planned to meet.

As I was eagerly waiting,
I felt a tap on my shoulder
As I turned to see who it was
My heart jumped to my mouth in shock.
“THE AWAKENER” was my boss.

Dumbstruck, I kept staring at him.
A cold rushed through my spine .
Then he burst out into laughter
And I finally, relaxed.


That night I went back home
and had a wonderful sleep.
I had said all that I wanted to say
And the guilt I had in me had gone away.

Every problem would have never
Reached its peak if we had sat down to speak.
So never pile up too many things inside you
Don’t wait for “The Awakener” to awaken you.

2 comments:

Sthupit Girl said...

hey priya!!

Damn gud to c u here... i didnt knw u were blogging.

anyhow will visit from now on. have to rush rt nw, will read the poem later.

Awesome stuff!

tc. lotsaluv.

Anonymous said...

lol...thanks for making me realise the need to talk things out.
i hope the incident wasn't for real though.